This Article Is A Stub
|This page needs improvement, and is lacking information or may contain inaccurate/outdated info due to a recent update. Feel free to edit this page to add or correct information. More pages that need updating can be found in this category.|
There are seven starting Races to choose from in Starbound. Each race is unique in appearance and offers their own lore and armor etc. (the names of the quests and armor sets will be slightly different). The tooltips for each item is different based on your race as well.
Each race now has a different kind of Pet on their ship and a different image for their AI S.A.I.L. As of now there are seven playable classes, each begins with a Broken Broadsword and the contents of their ship's Ship Locker.
- each race has their own little boons and buffs that you wouldn't really notice plus racial armors that will grant special abilities to each race at some point. What race you are does not determine what kinds of structures will spawn near you; it is completely random.
NPCs can come in every race naturally in the game. You can find different towns, castles, U.S.C.M. bases, and labs all with different race inhabitants.
Examples of where you can find particular races:
USCM Penal Colony/Prison: Humans
Tree Village: Florans
Avian Tombs/Temples: Avians
Research Facilities: Apex
Mushroom village and underground houses : Agaran
Small villages on islands and in the water: Hylotls
Western Town: Novakids
- The descripion of various food items implies that it can only be eaten by a certain race, however, no such thing is noticed with most of these items. You might want to avoid eating too much of another race's food types (just in case).
Additional Non-playable Races:
- Mushroom people / Agaran-This race is quite common to find and easily noticed by the Mushroom Biome with its tall mushroom trees. They have a corresponding Tenant.
- Penguin - Impossible to avoid finding out the penguin race exists. In order to progress, there is a penguin at the Outpost that connects you to the main questline.
- Frog people - This race are found on forest planets in swamps. Easily noticed by the brown murky water and the elevated houses
- Shadow People - Found on ice planets or dark worlds in black and desolate ruins.
- Fenerox - It is difficult to tell if these creatures are mammalian or reptilian, but they can be usually be found in desert/savannah biomes. They have a corresponding Tenant.
Deadbeats - found on scorched worlds.
Alpaca People - found on snowy worlds